PRIVACY AND SECURITY.
We respect your privacy. When you shop with us and check out, we need information such as your name, email address, billing address, phone number, credit card or other payment information to process your purchase. The credit card transaction is processed by the card company and no card details are retained on our system.
All information collected through the ordering/registration process is in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. We collect information you provide only for the following purposes:
• To process your order
• To improve your shopping experience
• To notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
The website collects information about where you are on the internet, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com, your browser type, the country where your internet service provider is located, the pages of our site that were viewed during your visit, and any search terms that you used.
You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete it or correct it promptly. The personal information we hold is held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
Payments - Paypal/Bank Transfer and Over the phone Credit Cards Security.
1. Through Paypal:
- When the order is placed on our website, credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption on the Paypal website. Credit card details are never received or held by StarlineLingerie.com.
2. Bank Transfer.
- Once the order is processed, you will receive a proforma invoice from us indicating our banking details for you to make payment to.
- Please let us know when payment has been made as we can only despatch orders on receipt of payment into our account.
3. Credit or Debit cards
- For Retail Customers, you can provide us with your Debit Card or Credit Card details over the phone only or through fax. Sending card details via email is not acceptable for security reasons. There is no extra charge for using a credit card.
- For Trade/Wholesale Customers for Credit Card payment, we add a 2.0% charge to the invoice total.
For card transactions made by phone, your card details are not written down or retained.